Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

February 20


At some point in history some medical person decided that at the height of a women's morning sickness the best thing to do would be to describe her growing child as a piece of food. (poppy seed, rice, apple) Although I am incredibly thankful to have escaped the majority of nausea, I do see the hysterical irony in this.

Each week, we get an email describing the food like size of Baby - this week we can all picture the child as a raspberry. We also get the actual picture of what the baby might look like, but being somewhat graphic I am going to hold off on posting those to this site.

It is amazing the amount of reading I have been doing lately just to keep up with what is happening, will happen, could happen, etc. Luckily, last night I was given a reprise from the boring medical stuff when Beth and Darryl presented Jason and I with Pregnancy Sucks: What to Do When Your Miracle Makes You Miserable and Pregnancy Sucks for Men: What to Do When Your Miracle Makes You BOTH Miserable by Joanne Kimes. Hysterical and true, I have been plowing through the book enjoying every minute of it.

Lastly thoughts for today are a quick medical update. As many of you know the sonogram in the photos below was taken so early because I was having sharp left side pain last week which could have been (but thankfully was not) the sign of an ectopic pregnancy. Turned out to just be a measly old fibroid. Well I learned today that if one is going to have a fibroid during pregnancy mine is the best type to have - it is an Pedunculated fibroid which apparently means it grows on a stalk (I am trying very hard to not think broccoli). It may cause slight pain at times, but will not be harmful to the Baby at all.

No comments: