Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

MBB is HOT HOT HOT and steamy!



No, MBB is not staring in his/her own romance novel, but instead this week is the size of an iron. Growing away, MBB is kick and moving around a lot more on the past week and I can just about predict times that I can expect to feel some kicking and moving. Some stats for those following along at home:

  • 2.5 - 2.75 lbs MBB is between 11 and 17 inches long, which means in the next 11 weeks (JUST 11 weeks to go!) we can expect more bulk than length in the growth area as most babies come out at between 19 and 21 inches long, 8 or so lbs.
  • Right now MBB's eyes are sensitive and can adjust to differing amounts of light and darkness. Also the baby's brain can control rhythmic breathing and regulate body temperature. Muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and MBB's head is growing bigger to make room for a developing brain. (please don't grow TOO big!).

So, if I have not mentioned it recently I really love my midwives and almost every day am reminded that it is 100% worth the drive into DC for my neonatal care. They really take the time to answer all my questions until I understand, always call back, and are truly excited about each mother and family that they care for.

Last week when Jason and I had our appointment and then birthing class, there had just been a birth at the center a few hours before. The mother, father and new baby came into our birthing classroom just a few hours after giving birth and we were able to talk with her about her experience and ask any questions we could think of - it was wonderful and I learned a lot. The midwives were bouncing off the walls they were so excited at the new baby and so proud of the family - it was wonderful to see. I am really looking forward to being be surrounded by such great encouragement and excitement when it is our time to give birth.

We also passed through our last set of tests (gestational diabetes) with flying colors. MBB is looking, feeling and sounding good and if all goes according to plan 11 week from now a new face will be showing up on this blog!

No comments: