Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Owy Ouch and just plain Owe

If you recall back around my second month of pregnancy Darryl and Beth bought me Pregnancy Sucks: What to Do When Your Miracle Makes You Miserable. Having now been through almost 3/4 of my pregnancy and at last count read five different pregnancy books, I declare this one the true best friend to the pregnant lady.

Case in point. You will notice it is very early in the morning, earlier than I may normally be up and about on my computer. This would be because this morning I not only got a charley horse in my leg that I had to massage out, not even one that I could just say "Duh Jenna you know not to stretch you legs in the morning while pregnant", but one that shot me STRAIGHT out of bed - into super labor pain breathing mode waking Jason in the process.

Now many of you might think this is a cause for concern, but on page 104 of my trusty Pregnancy Suck books is a whole section dedicated to something that the author says feels like "a dull rusty razor blade embedded in my leg" - wow I could not have said it better myself. Nor can I find this leg cramp at night thing in ANY other book in any type of helpful way. This is not the first time this book has saved me from panic (uterine cramps and other fun things) and I am sure it will not be the last.

So Joanne Kimes you and your book get a big thank you from me and all you newly pregnant women (or women who may someday become pregnant) you can know what your first gift from me is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you like my book! It was my favorite to write and I'm so happy that it helps you. I have two more books coming out in the fall that you may like: Breastfeeding Sucks and Bedtime Sucks. Until then, I hope you have a very unsucky pregnancy!
Best,
Joanne Kimes