Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 9, 2007

A quick rant about daycare....

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a fairly picky person - some would say even a control freak (yes those of you who want can hit your heads now and say "Duh"). However, as I have set out on a quest to find daycare for MBB, I really have had only three requirements in mind:
  1. Feed MBB
  2. Hug and kiss MBB
  3. Change the diaper of MBB

I also have the option of staying home one day a week, so it would be ideal to find a place that would not make me pay for five days when MBB is only there four - but I am willing to bend on that rule.

I started off by working with my companies internal Employee Assistance Program where they locate daycares around the area, call for availability and provide recommendations. I received the list about two weeks ago and every single one of the six places (day care centers and nannys) they listed had a minimum year waiting list. This means I would have had to call and sign up MBB the day I conceived in order to be able to go back to work after three months of maternity leave. Does anyone else see a problem with that?

So starting to feel a bit behind I started contacting nanny agencies, include one I talked to today that was at least nice enough to call me back. And I got the total other end of the spectrum. They only will help place you with a nanny eight weeks before you go back to work. OK so on one hand I need to notify some people more than a year in advance, but on the other hand I have to call back around Thanksgiving in hopes they have someone available. Scarrrrry!

What is an expecting mom to do.....

No comments: