Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

That's not a fruit!

Every Tuesday night I eagerly anticipate the e-mail telling me what fruit MBB will be that week. Today I anticipated a pear or maybe even a mango, but what I got was......a rubber ducky?! Who knew that either rubber or ducks fell into the fruit category. I guess you learn something new every day ;)

Although I do have to say it is kinda freaky thinking of MBB as a rubber bath time companion.

In other MBB updates:

  • According to the books, anytime now I should start feeling MBB move. Rumor has it I am suppose to watch out for growling or fluttering sensations that may seem like indigestion or hunger pangs. (like that is not going to be too hard to distinguish!) This is called quickening.
  • This week the baby is 4.66 in and 3oz and I am starting to be able to see a bit of growth when I look in the mirror. I will make sure to post some pictures when it becomes more visible to others.
  • Development wise, MBB's limbs are well-developed and moving. The baby's head and neck straighten, and eyes face forward. We will be seeing a very different baby on the sonogram the next time we go.

Tomorrow I head off for my first daycare center visit at Bright Horizons, a national chain recommended by my friend Maria in Florida. The good news is they give priority to government employees and contractors, so we have a pretty good chance of being able to get MBB in if we like the place.

MBB is ready for bed now...so good night to all and don't forget to vote! (so far Boy is winning by a landslide).

A morning edit from Tara to this particular posting: http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/rubberducky.htm (turn your sound up).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but you have to put down the duckie if you want to play the saxaphone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6HdH57rZzU