Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Where has Lilah gone...to FLA and back!

It seems like many moons ago since I have updated the blog, but really it's only been two weeks. A ton of fun things have happened, but most recently a Boig/Camhi trip to Florida (well some Boigs and some Camhis). This past Sunday my sister Ashley, Lilah and myself headed out for a girls trip to just outside Jacksonville to visit my dad and his wife Valerie and I have the photos to prove it!

As you can see Lilah did fantastic on the plane, sleeping on the way there and playing/sleeping on the way back. Luckily she inherited her father's calm for flying. We arrived around 10:30pm on Sunday and after being introduced to their cat, and house headed off to bed to get some energy for the trip.

Lilah was a pretty good sleeping taking lots of needed naps, but also staying awake to enjoy the fun when it was available. The first day we vegged out at their house, playing in their baby pool and letting Lilah test our her new bikini!

On day two (Monday) we headed off to the beach for Lilah's first experience with sand and sea. Being a "shore girl" myself, I am proud to say that my daughter is following in my footsteps and had a fantastic time. You can see in this last beach photo one of the neat tricks Lilah's Aunt Ashley taught her :).
On our third day there we went to St. Augustine (oldest city in the US). Maybe it was the heat, but for some reason not a photo was taken - so you will just have to take my word for it that it was fun and a good time (and shopping) was had by all. Lilah was also entertained that evening by the Japanese steak house we dined at - YUM.

On our last day (yesterday) we went to the pool in my Dad's complex. They had a water play area for small children and as you can see Lilah had quite a time there as well. So three different water experience, three different bathing suits and I think Lilah loves her fun in the sun!

More photos to share and stories to tell, but for now we are going to enjoy the sun a bit more north in MD!

No comments: