Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lemonade and Pregnancy - A BAAAAD IDEA

When I became pregnant I read through all the books and websites on what to eat, what not to eat and everything in between. I though I had it all down - no sushi, yes greens; no deli meat, yes lots and lots of water. I didn't think anything could surprise me.

Then last Wednesday night I learned that no matter how careful you are, there are some things that a baby just won't like. For MBB that something is lemonade. After a really fun night out with some friends of ours at one of our favorite local restaurants, started to feel a bit queasy but being pregnant that is a pretty common feeling and I went to bed assuming I would feel better in the morning.

The morning provided additional nausea along with some stomach pain, but I figured I had been pretty lucky for 19 weeks so maybe the newly kicking MBB was still stretching his/her wings. So onto work I went...for about two hours when I decided being home in bed was about the only thing I wanted to be. To keep a long (and kinda gross) story short it was a 24 hours dehydration, upset stomach, neausea festival. So a word of caution to all - find out what your baby doesn't like early and don't drink it!

No comments: